Easter togs

I finally got around to Oscar’s Easter outfit yesterday. Here he is sporting new yellow pants (on deck: purple and green) that I made up for him following Kathreen and Amanda‘s examples, one of his new freezer paper transfer shirts and his new Easter basket – actually more like an Easter boat & tote –  made from some amazing car fabric that Stephanie sent me that’s been waiting for the perfect project. Every time Oscar sneaks into the craft room he grabs it and shoves it at me saying ‘knit something!’ I had been saving it to make a crib caddy for him to keep his books and toys all nice and tidy so I made the Easter tote with a snapping flap thing on the side to affix it to the crib for after the jelly bean hunt tomorrow. Hope everyone’s having a great weekend!

26 thoughts on “Easter togs

1. amanda says:

It’s all so very great. Those pants are the best color. And SUCH a cute tote/caddy. Now, was the lollipop a bribe for the photo? Because that’s hysterical.

2. molly says:

I love those pants and that fabric is adorable. The idea for putting it on to the side of the crib is great. I’m thinking my youngest would really get dig her own little bag at the side of her bed. What did you use for the snaps?

3. Ali says:

Your son’s face says it all – could that smile be any wider? The car fabric is great – I always find getting fabric for my boys much harder than for girls.

4. kristin says:

just adorable!! and your photos truely are wonderful!! all the yellows and blues….Oscar couldn’t look any more proud of his new digs. once again, great work Hillary!!!

5. Courtney Russell says:

Oh, he looks so cute in those. I just bought a Burda pattern last week to make some pants for Elliot. He loves these ugly flannel ones DH got him at LLBean, but I thought I could make some cuter ones. Did you start with a pattern, or old pair of pants? I like the pockets a lot. E. is big on pockets right now (he is a button fanatic, so he could keep his “stuff” in there). I have a snap press that hasn’t seen too much use (just HAD to have it). This could help justify that purchase. Thanks for your comments on my blog. They are very appreciated. That cat fabric is an old Marcus Bros. print I think. I used it all, but have some dog print if you need any.
    PS (for some reason I am not notified by email when you leave a comment, but I am when everyone else does…weird)

6. amy k. says:

god! look at him!! you have such a cutie pie there-and the pants ROCK and that tote! so cute! the fabric is amazing. and so happy the freezer paper did right for ya-

7. hannah says:

i cant even take that kid. he is so sweet its making my teeth hurt! oh man. the pants are fantastic, the shirt terrific and the tote is brilliant. the wizard does it again!

8. Ellen says:

You are one very busy and clever lady. I especially like the bag. That lollipop however, looks dangerously close to the sofa.

9. Alison says:

I’ve tried the freezer paper method with mixed results. Instead of cutting the letters out with scissors I’m going for the knife instead 🙂 Your writing is so clear… and that T-Shirt looks adorable on him!

10. Bettsi says:

Hello! Who is that big boy? That can’t be little Oscar! How handsome he looks! Tell him that his internet Aunties think he is as handsome as they come! Hope you had a lovely Easter, Hillary!

11. andrea says:

Hey, I think you could iron the seams of the little kids pants – it will help them to look an awful lot better. Without ironing the seams the pants look very uncomfortable.