ruffles

March is about deadlines for me, as lots (maybe all) of the projects I’ve committed to doing are due this month. Of course all I want to do is play with ruffles. As soon as the last thing is crossed off my list it’s ruffletown around here!

from my craft room floor

from my bag of weekend finds

from my inspiration board

18 thoughts on “ruffles

1. JoAnn says:

Can’t wait to see what you’re going to do with those ruffles. I’m sure it will be something I would never think of.

2. Toni says:

On my wish list is a ruffler foot for my sewing machine (actually, a new machine to go with the new foot would be primo!)
    Do you know about these? No more gathering the threads yourself. The foot does it all while you sew! Now that is heaven. Maybe you’re using one!?

3. Rachel says:

I love the peak at your inspiration board. Beautiful! I saw the previous post about your studio when you redesigned it. I’d love to see more pictures of your space if you ever feel like sharing. I’m always daydreaming about the studio I’ll have one day. Right now, though, I live in a New York City apartment, so my “studio” is a cabinet in my living room. At least I have easy access to my sewing machine! Also, I’m going to make a wee bunny for my daughter from your pattern (thank you!). What kind of weighted filler do you use? Not sure what I should look for, as I’m new to softie craft. Can’t wait to see what you do with the ruffles!

4. sarah n. says:

you MUST get a ruffler foot. it’s like a kitchenaid mixer, once you know it’s power and potential, you feel you can never go back. ever. you might as well mix by hand, or folds ruffles with your teeth it will seem so brutal the thought. i could swim in ruffles, dress in ruffles, live in ruffles. ahhh…ruffles!! love those round ones. very cool.

5. sasha says:

Ooooooooo that pretty pink ruffly skirtish thing…I tried to squeeze myself through my screen to get at it but my butt won’t fit. What is it? It’s soooo delish!

6. laura says:

wow, those are beautiful, and wow, I’ve never heard of a “ruffler foot”. It sounds amazing, especially since I’ve been making ruffles the “old fashioned” way all week. *sigh* I guess I’ll just add that to my (very long) wish list.