111 thoughts on “metamorphosis

1. Gillian Greding says:

Okay, now seriously you need to stop! I can’t believe how INCREDIBLE this little creature is. No, incredible isn’t even a good enough word for it. It is HONESTLY the sweetest thing I’ve ever seen. All the stages are my favorite. Truely amazing.

2. vegasandvenice says:

I am cowering in awe! Every day you produce such beautiful things! You are wonderfully inspiring and delightfully daunting all at the same time!
    I can not wait to see tomorrow!!

3. Michelle says:

How am I supposed to get any work done around here, if I can’t change the screen on my computer? Seriously. My daughter won’t let me get off this page.

4. Wanett says:

You are so talented. I am so glad to see young Moms/women like myself making use of natural talents and others rallying to support her. I can’t wait for your booklet. This new fella would be great for my daughters class they’re reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar and have recreated the pages for their bulletin board.
    You are great, keep it up.

5. Blair says:

oh…..my……goodness…..
    cuteness has just smacked me in the face. I need to walk away from the computer a moment to collect myself.
    : )

6. joy says:

okay, I think I’ve posted a comment maybe once before, but I had to this time. This photo essay knocked me off my chair. I actually laughed out loud, which is rare for me while on the world wide web:) Thanks for bringing a smile and a laugh to me today!

7. Mary says:

Thank you, Hilary, for ending my day on such an upbeat note. The pupa is one of the sweetest things I’ve ever seen, and I’m constantly amazed by your seemingly boundless talent.

8. kelly says:

if your goal for today was to make my eyes melt out of my head from the mind-bending cuteness of this, I say congratulations. You’ve suceeded.

9. Liz Cadorette says:

The squeeing of death by cuteness can be heard for MILES around here, I tell you!
    Oh please, oh please make this available as a pattern? Pretty please with sugar on it? I’d buy it in a heartbeat. SO. CUTE. CAN’T. STAND IT!

10. riarug says:

OmG!
    The pupa, its well, so adorable I want to squish the bee-jeebers out of it. I’d stay up day and night just staring at it waiting for the wonderful creature to emerge. Oh, It just cries out for loving!
    Such a good job, no children could forget the life cycle of the butterfly now. How about finishing off the cycle with some adorable eggies! (maybe snuggling into some suvvy leaves?)

11. Sara says:

Just when I think I’ve seen the ultimate in cute stuffies, here comes another entry. Really, you’ve outdone yourself. I love the little baby pupa all cuddled up in his/her blankie! I’m hoping these are prototypes for the book…

12. Emma says:

That is gorgeous! I have a soft spot for bugs and insects so really adore this. I love the larva in the first photo and he’s just so cute all wrapped up! Great job 😉

13. Debbie says:

Sweet! This would be perfect for my preschool sunday school class. We are discussing the butterfly and how it brings life! The catepillar is beautiful! Great job!

14. Renmeleon says:

I have surfed a lot of blogs and seen a lot of absolutely incredible creativity and inventiveness…but this. I am absolutely in love with this little guy. You had me at the caterpillar, the pupa…omg he is adorable and reminds me of when my daughter was little and we used to bundle her up. The cap on the butterfly…I cannot stop smiling.
    Ria :)

15. GenieL says:

Hi … I am interested in the patterns..but it seems like you no longer carry it over your pattern store? pls advise…and thanks! I got to know them too late…