foxtrot

Tying one on early this month. I used Amy’s excellent new theme as an excuse to make a new variation on the big footed bunny. Miss Winifred Brown Fox is a domesticated Midwestern Brown indigenous of the Grand Illinois Trail.  A snowy March day is good for nothing else but game playing. Thanks to Jess we have the perfect game playing companion, so Freddie rounded up her pal Odd Fellow for some amusements. First they wrangled away from Oscar his new memory game that he got yesterday from our miniswap partners Clara & Cheryl.

The laminated cards have adorable illustrations by 4 year old Clara. Thanks so much Clara! Oscar loves them!

After being outwitted again and again at memory Odd Fellow suggested some mexican train dominos. Unfortunately he’s not having much luck with this game either. Hard to beat this clever girl at anything.

Freddie and Odd Fellow are good sports though and hug it out.

47 thoughts on “foxtrot

1. Amber says:

Loving that foxy foxy fox AND her companion AND the amazing photo shoot.
    And what a THRILL to see the train game! It’s one of our favorites – many a brunch date has been organized around a long, full train game from 12 to the double-blank.

2. debra roby says:

OK, the RSS feed on your other blog seems to be working, but your comments aren’t (tuesday, 9:40 am PT). And you don’t have a findable email link anywhere.
    Anyway, I have several calendar dish towels.. wondered if you would be interested?

3. julia says:

Oh, dear Miss Winifred! I love foxes. We have a peach tree in our back yard and two years ago, the prettiest fox kept making trips to our backyard to steal the downed fruit …
    No one believed me, but then the other day Jeremy was driving me to dinner and we saw a beautiful one running like wind across an open field. Is it their elusiveness that gets to me? I don’t know, but I’m smitten!
    I love your photos of her, too. Snazzy apron.

4. Melissa says:

What a foxy locksy and so what I’m wondering is will this version be in the pattern book. You are such an inspiration. Can’t wait to see what is next:)

5. Jo Ann says:

I love when you simplfy your stuff. I love the minimalism in color yet keeping it so rich and folky in a way. It is my favorite of your stuffies, this is so fantastic!! you have a really great eye for color and pattern! That tail!! It really adds your spunk!

6. Katie says:

Miss Winifred and Oddfellow are adorable. I love the colors and the little details like the pleat in her apron. Oddfellow’s stripes even match the shirt your little boy is wearing in the picture below.

7. allison says:

WOW! Love the fox… the tail is great. Foxes are some of our favorite animals but so hard to find in the stuffed animal bin. This rocks!
    Kangaroos are also hard to find… ever considered making a kanga?

8. Stephanie says:

Wow! Have you ever thought of writing a children’s book and using your photographs of your adorable softies?? I think it would be a real hit!

9. Nathalie says:

I have just discovered your site and am enthralled!!! Amazing all you do!!! Do you ever sleep????
    So many projects, I wonder how you do it!!! I’ve just browsed through most of your articles…. I’ve spent my day with you!!! Keep it up!!!
    See you soon!!!

10. lulu says:

Miss Foxie is such a cutie-pie. I just love her but then I really admire your style. I’m very fond of combing different pattern prints. I’ve added a link to your page on my blog.. that way I can find my way back here easily and hopefully some other lucky people will find you too!
    Great work!!!
    LuLu

11. rem says:

Oh, no! Not a fox! That’s my greatest weakness! Now you’ve got to make a pattern for this one or else I’ll just have to try and fail at making her over and over again forever!