Rain Delay

Yeah, I know, I’m all about the big talk. But today is rainy and dark and dreary and I need photos for the big project so I’m putting it off til next week. Maybe I’ll send out another messed up email to the mailing list when it’s done. Sorry about that one yesterday to those of you on the list. HTML bested me again. Tim tried to console me with ‘people are used to getting screwed up crap in their email’. Nice.

Thanks for the swell comments about Pickles and Rosalie! I love having a weblog. It is so much fun to find people out there in the world that are made as happy by bunny dolls as I am. Saves me from having to bug my friends and neighbors all Kaitlin style with them.

So on to more dolls… I’m going to start on the first batch of patternbook (I really want this to be a word) dolls. We’ve decided to do the patterns in volumes. First volume is going to be a set of 3 dolls like Paige, Lillian and Cordelia. Here’s a sunnier photo I took last week of the fabric I have picked out for them.

25 thoughts on “Rain Delay

1. Kate says:

ohhhh where did you get that fabric on the bottom with the little animals on it? So cute! Reminds me of some stuff from Azabu-ya.com (DON’T google that if you don’t want to see more fabric to be tempted by…

2. maggie says:

ohmigosh where did you get that orange fabric with the little doggies on it–it’s the cutest! oh i see that someone else has asked too!
    maggie

3. Lili says:

ive always wanted to go to japan, but after seeing that fabric i think it has shifted to need!
    i cant wait to see what you create out of it!

4. Daphne says:

Ah, Kaitlin, my favorite character since Gilda Radner played a Girl Scout. But how would we feel about an adult Kaitlin-style bombardment? A little weird, a lot amused…

5. Sarah says:

I’ve probably commented on this before, but I just want to reiterate that I am BEYOND excited about your patternbooks. (See – it is a word :))

6. molly says:

You’re getting the rain, we’re getting the snow. We are suffering from major cabin fever in my house….
    I love the idea of patternbook volumes. Can’t wait….

7. Melissa says:

Hot diggity dog, I mean sheep. Love all the orange. Yeah, when I retire I am moving to Japan. I think its time to look up my old college buddy Yuriko, and see if she can get a girl the hook up. Still stoked about the books and by the way I too collect things vintage and wooden, would that happen to be a vintage bird on your pincushion. I am so geeking out about that;)

8. carly says:

it’s all darling, the dollhouse is perfect, love the watercolour effect and the new fabrics you have chosen, can’t wait to see what you do with them and especially can’t wait to get my hands on your patternbook!

9. Lisa Cohen says:

love that fabric! just found your blog and have to say I am in love with your fabrics. Makes me want to find a pattern and get started on a sewing project.

10. melly says:

great fabric collection! I love the idea of patternbooks! I have begun making patterns of some of my work, I don’t have quite the same following as you but I think it is a great idea. I do have a magazine article coming out, discussing a surface design technique I have been working on. That ought to be exciting in terms of my following. I wish your animals didn’t sell so quickly! I got excited thinking that there was still one available!

11. Sarah says:

Wonderful fabric combo! I have that fabric on the bottom with the lambs – my sister got it for me in Japan. I can’t wait to see what you make with it! I am procrastinating because it is just too sweet to cut into!

12. debbie says:

I’m so proud Cordelia is in with the patternbook dolls. And I’m very excited you are making a patternbook – your patterns are so well done and easy to follow. Oh and the site looks amazing and those fabrics are beautiful. So much good stuff going on here!

13. suzanne says:

I am in love with everything you do. I’m so excited about the link to the shop. And the patternbooks. Hooray!

Comments are closed.