huh

I’m broken and I think my two year old did it. I can’t complete a thought or a sentence, even inside my head, much less out here in the world. I was going to post this picture last week with a hooray for me I made something out of fimo post. I am no sculptress and making this doll look like the one in the book was tricky as hell. but instead it seems like a perfect analogy of how I’m feeling today, disjointed. so with that I’m going to go and enjoy the silence that is a napping toddler…

18 thoughts on “huh

1. Laurie says:

i remember when you first put up the images from that book – amazing dolls. did it come with instructions? is yours pre or post baking? i’ve been wanting to try making a fimo doll, or at least part fimo part stuffed. but i can’t get the blueprints for it straight in my head yet so i’m waiting for it to come to me. i’m jealous that you’re going for it!

2. steph says:

I SO so so know how you feel. I feel like that today, myself. Every simple task gets interrupted, every thought put on hold to clean up broken pottery or wipe snot and play short order chef to sick, picky eaters. Hugs! And you ARE a sculptress, are you kidding? All of the softies–they’re three-dimensional and require a great degree of conceptualizing to make.duh! :)

3. carol says:

Ironic you would write on such a topic. As I was driving to my daughter’s school today I wondered out loud if my head has gone to mush (this was after I had a weird telephone conversation)…I’m glad my son did not agree out loud!

4. dawn says:

my “ability” to do 300 things at once drives my husband to distraction because I’m always in the middle of something and never seem to finish anything. And that’s a problem, how? I also tend only to talk to other mother’s because they seem to be able to follow my disjointed train of thought.
    oh yes, Hillary. It just gets worse… revel in it!

5. melissa says:

Yesterday I left the house showered, with matching socks, a clean child, and a backup diaper. Hurray for Small Victories! Honestly, I’m often AMAZED at how much you’re able to get done as a mum of a toddler. You are inspiring! (Great background fabric, by the way).

6. mary says:

I think your “deconstructed” doll is great and a perfectly suited to the life of a toddler mom. My babes will only eat deconstructed casseroles and we don’t have a single doll that wears clothes for more than 10 minutes. I feel much better when Bobby Flay serves deconstructed dishes on Iron Chef.

7. manda says:

I keep trying to write a reply and I can’t even do that properly! Everything takes 10 times longer than it used to, including forming the thoughts in my head. I have literally deleted and rewritten this comment 5 times and wouldn’t you think that that must mean the end result would be something special? Nope, it’s not even particularly legible!
    Your model is very cool though!

8. hillary says:

laurie – it did not come with instructions per se, while, none that I can read! I just faked it from the illustrations. even the toothpick is just a guess but it seems to work well and I hope it will hold when I glue her together. and this is post-bake and a coat of paint.
    thanks everyone! glad to know I’m not alone in the fog :)