a little thing on the side

So these days it’s all about indulging whims. The latest? A little site on the side. A site about thrifting! I’ve been hooked on thrift for forever. I keep thinking I’ll grow out of it but year after year I can’t stop myself from frequenting the smelliest, dustiest thrift shops I can find. First dragging Tim and now both Tim and Oscar along with me. My excitement for thrifting really never wanes. And I could really go on and on and on about it — the finds, the scores, the junk, the hits and misses, the sometimes crazy clientele — but I don’t. I always end up editing myself. Clogging up the works over here with play by play’s of my thrifting has never seemed quite right. Lately though, I’ve been wanting to write about it more and more so I’ve decided to go for it and in a way that will not upset the routine here at wee wonderfuls. The librarian in me wants all the thrift stuff catalogued under its own heading. Tucked away neat and tidy in its own classification. Tim was a sweetheart and set up a new free wordpress blog for me. here it is, ThriftCraft!

24 thoughts on “a little thing on the side

1. pyglet says:

This sounds awesome!
    I am not sure if thrifting is an addiction (My name is dani and I’m a thriftaholic) or some kind of virus (either way, I have been bitten by whatever bug carries it)
    I cannot wait to see your adventures through the thrift world. Thanks for letting us all ride along with you!

2. carol says:

wow- you are totally speaking my language.
    how about those thrift stores that have such heavy amounts of mold (or whatever) that they bring out your allergies…of which you thought never had?! i love those places too!

3. Bessilu says:

I bet I’m worse than you! Although since I moved to the suburbs, there are less thrift stores and more estate sales, (which can be just as satisfying but more competitive!) That high you get when you find something cool and cheap is better than drugs. 🙂

4. Robin says:

Great idea! I love thrifting and have found some fantastic stuff. I’ve also given away tons of stuff! All in the name of charity. Looking forward to seeing your finds!

5. Melissa says:

Okay so after reading your blog for I think what is over a year now I truly believe that we must have been twins separated at birth. Although, I aspire to have a blog like yours my is wimpy and I am just getting started. My favorite thrift shop is called granma’s attic. And as a matter of fact this is where I am going today. I can’t wait to see your new site progress. Way to go;)

6. Ellen says:

This is a great idea! Looking forward to your wonderful ideas. Love your site too. I’m going to attempt a wee later on and send a pic to you.

7. k8tykat says:

there is nothing better than the hunt …
    i too am addicted, no, sick and twisted i should say, when it comes to thrifting. no matter where i am, even 500 miles from home, if there’s a thrift store within a mile my internal whistles go off and i’m there …

8. California says:

You totally understand me! I adore thrift. I swear my name should be Cali Thrift Jaimeson. Keep your site running and I’ll keep coming!