a little red coat and hat for you

Cool! Let’s all play paper dolls :) You can download them here. Don’t forget to cut out tabs if you’re not going the magnetic paper route. Have fun!

73 thoughts on “a little red coat and hat for you

1. kristina says:

She is so wonderful–as is everything you do–thank you so much for creating the download!
    Perhaps this could become a regular feature–new outfits added periodically or seasonally–like the Mary Engelbreit paper dolls. Then again I know you already have plenty of other projects on the go! Leave it to me to make more work for you!

2. Julia / ticky tacky says:

Hillary, thank you!
    I was just about to leave a comment on this photo over at Flickr, part of which begged you to sell these … when I saw that you’re offering them to us for free! How generous.
    And here is the rest of what I was going to say …
    This is my favorite of your creations, yet! Your paper dolls are wonderful. The outfits, the colors, the girls …
    From the comments on blogs which have posts about them (yours included), it seems that paper dolls have a special place in the hearts of many women, me included. There is something more magical about them than any other kind of doll, isn’t there?
    And isn’t Illustrator fun?!

3. sarah says:

hillary you are the BEST, so generous for you to share these with us, my list of things to do has just flown out the window and i’m going to play paper dolls ALL day, thank-you, thank-you…

4. ginger says:

I’m always excited and inspired by your creations. And now I am thankful for your generosity. Too cute!!! I look forward to see what’s next!

5. Alisa says:

You are the best. I can’t believe how generous you are. We were all willing to pay.
    Can you just imagine all of us cutting and cutting and cutting?
    Hooray!

6. stephanie says:

YEAH!! ok, but i don’t have any kids …yet (we are in the process of adopting a little girl from Guatemala! yeah!) Is there any one out there that I could send these too??!! Anyone? ideas?

7. JoAnn says:

Thanks so much, Hillary, for the paper dolls. I’m going to go out and find some magnetic paper.
    My paper doll memories go back to 1950s when we had movie star and cowboy paper dolls and I kept mine in a heart shaped box. There was one incident of cutting out the shapes on my bedspread to emblish the doll clothes, but I won’t bore you with the details.

8. maggie says:

hillary you are just the best designer in every way!
    the girl is the cutest design, and the dresses are incredible! did they all just come out of your head, or do you look at vintage dress designs? you really have your own complete look/style.
    i just don’t understand how you have the time to do all this stuff–so impressed!
    xx, maggie

9. Rhelynn says:

very cool, I love the stripes on the red dress ;o) And whoa… I still haven’t worked in any imaging software except the Gimp. But then, my university was very old-school (which, actually became a problem once graduated, but I should have known that)
    great work!

10. susan says:

thank you so much, cécile’s 6th bd is tomorrow and she will LOVE these, i do think this is the best thing you’ve done, though Inez is also my favorite so it’s a tie!

11. Leslie says:

Oh my GOD – I LOVE these!!!! You did such a wonderful job in Illustrator. I was visiting the Angry Chicken blog and linked on over to yours for fun. I love the paper dolls so much it hurts. I can’t even break away from the computer! I can’t wait for my little girl to wake up so we can play. Thank you!!!!!!

12. sooz says:

I’d looked at this post a while back and thought the dolls were great but doh, I didn’t realise I could download!!! Wow, you are just so generous to share your work with us all. You are a real inspiration for everything I think the crafting community should be – it’s all about the sharing. I hope just hope that I can provide a tenth of what you do in terms of passing things on to others. Way beyond your dolls I have the utmost respect for your work. Please let me know if there is anything I can give you in return!

13. sarah says:

My son (and me!) are sooo excited about your paper doll. I had to print two copies so we could both play. (he’s very into paper dolls and is hoping you’ll make a male friend for this one at some point!)
    Thank you!!

14. stella says:

aww these are sooo cute!!
    i used to have a paper doll set on my site,
    i recently took it off because too many people started hotlinking it as a background image. 😛
    lovely!!!

15. sandra lamb says:

I have loved cut-outs since I was a kid, and still collect them, from Mary Englebreit’s Home Companion and have several books I bought in Victoria, Vancouver Island. When Sadie is old enough we’ll have great fun with them. Love your blog site.

16. paula says:

you cant imagine how amazed were my little girls about your dolls. they are on the fridge and sometimes on the door oven!! mercedes and guadalupe say thank you hillary! your images are always adorable, i will make some more for my mom! kisses

17. amigurumi girl says:

soooooo cute! and wouldn’t it be cool to print these out on that special magnetic “paper” they have for inkjets and then there would be no need to cut tabs! ooooh i think i’m gonna do it. thanks so much for sharing.

18. Rachel says:

These are absolutely fabulous! Thank you so much! I just printed them on Staples brand glossy magnetic paper, and they look amazing. The colors are so bright and beautiful. My daughter Mia is going to love these. We’re taking an extra set with us for our overseas flight to grandma’s house… a perfect travel friendly toy! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

19. amigurumi girl says:

I did it! I printed it out on magnetic paper and it’s soooo cool on our fridge! My 3 yr old thinks it’s too cute. You can see pics of it at my blogsite (as soon as I post them. tee hee)! Thank you sooooo much!!!

20. kristen says:

This is my first day back to reading craft blogs for months. Seeing these cuties is just an inkling of what I’ve been missing. Thanks for sharing them! I can’t wait to print them out for my daughter.

21. k8tykat says:

thank you, thank you, thank you!!
    i’ve been reading your posts for a few months now and love your artistic talents profusely. and now, my sweet little three yar old daughter can appreciate them too!!
    thanks again!