peekaboo

I couldn’t take it any longer. I had to put aside my must-do-now projects and take some time to make myself a stuffed. I finally got back to the big footed bunny design I’ve been wanting for over a year to redo. I’m very happy with this bunny girl. She’s huggable and floppy. And look she has poms! (thanks Patricia!) Peekaboo — Tim named her and I think his Olympic fever is showing — came together very easily but her outfit was another story. There’s a very pretty handsewn and embroidered dress that just didn’t quite fit/work sitting in the garbage. I was too worn out to start over so I took a short cut and cut a dress from my felted sweater stash. no hems, no finishing and very warm – perfect for January.

here she is sledding in our new sticky snow

inside warming up with some tea

and here she is taking a snooze and all bundled up.

38 thoughts on “peekaboo

1. Jen Leheny says:

She is cute! Thanks for showing her off. You should grab that other dress out of the garbage because when you are no longer tired/annoyed with it you might be able to salvage it. 🙂

2. Blair says:

Ah! How cute!!! Love to see you back in stuffed making mode. And, of course you have to put that adorable sweater on her, she’d freeze out there if you didn’t, right? Dainty dresses can wait for her Spring wardrobe.

3. Melissa says:

Well she is just the most adorable thing. Just wondering have you ever thought of making a pattern book for your lovely creations-animals. You know a kind of Jess Hutch thing. I would love to have a copy of the pattern and would pay too, as we all know Easter is just a hope skip and jump away:)

4. jenny says:

one of my favorite things about your creations is the cuteness, so cute that I giggle out loud as a I scroll down to see the pictures (and I am not usually one to giggle). great job – you have such a knack with the expressions on your creations. the feet are great too – I second the call for patterns!

5. tanya says:

OHHH you need to do a childrens book, do you remember the Mr.Bear book…with the doll and little bear…oh I can’t remember it but I LOOOVED the “real life” images that told the story..even when Mr. Bear SPANKED her…hehehe anywho she is soooo cute and needs to be touched and loved by children everywhere, ok by at least two or three heheh, but a book ahh a book everyone could enjoy her story and covet the soft fluffy bunny…sigh…

6. Melly says:

I daydream about owning one of your dolls! They are wonderful. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them. They are filled with personality and verve.

7. Sarah says:

I love your softies, but I think I love the photoshoots even more! The pictures are great, but I especially love thinking about how much fun you must have setting them up.