for my kitchen tree

All those great retro kitchen ornaments got me thinking about all the cool illustrations in my Meet Mr. Product book and how perfect the food and restaurant ones would be for a kitchen tree. So I scanned them in, printed them out on cardstock, got out my glue stick and glitter glue and some cardboard and voila – fun & dorky handmade ornaments! just exactly the vibe I’m feeling this year.

31 thoughts on “for my kitchen tree

1. amy k. says:

man-your killin’ me with these-they are awesome!! I LOVE them and the fun silly vibe of them is PERFECT for your kitchen tree. the teacup boy and girl are especially swank . .and I wish there was a “big shot” on a t-shirt

2. sunni says:

i love them! if i weren’t traveling over the holidays i would totally be getting a kitchen tree this year based on all of your cute ideas! next year for sure. . .

3. Carolyn says:

Lovely! How do you find the time to do all this? Most of my projects never leave the confines of my own head! (BTW: Beautiful photo of your boy yesterday.)

4. Dawn says:

What a perfect idea!! Love the Elsie Cow…reminds me of my childhood…yup…I am OLD! :o) Actually I can remember most of them.
    Love the b-day pic..so cute!

5. Blair says:

How do you keep coming up with such great ideas! No, seriously! These are super-great! And you just helped amazon sell a book. My husband is in advertising and this will be wrapped for him under the tree. Looks like something he would enjoy.

6. Gigi says:

Those are awesome! I want to rub my head against yours and see if some of your creative thinking rubs off on me- you know? Like osmosis!
    Awesome! I’m so jealous!!!

7. julia says:

speechless. am. I.
    Won’t you post these at the Vintage Christmas group on flickr? (retro things okay).
    Your creativity is boundless!
    I’m nonplussed (she says again).

8. elizabeth says:

great idea!!! mind if i steal it? i have all my other xmas stuff out, just haven’t worked on the kitchen tree yet..prolly cause i am waiting to have the time to work on some of the ornaments 🙂

9. elizabeth says: