two more themes

I’ve made up stamp sets for more fabric for wee ornaments. Sledding party with skis, skates, sleds, mittens on a string, hats and hot cocoa with a peppermint stick. stamped in chocolate brown on deep red.

and starry night with star motifs from the Golden Christmas book, the favorite in my mom’s Christmas book collection. these tiny little dots were tricky! stamped in metallic gold on light blue.

27 thoughts on “two more themes

1. hannah says:

good lord hillary!!! you are a brilliant drawer/carver! those stamps are lovely. interested in designing holiday cards too? perfect little doodads for the gocco…

2. Jane says:

Ack! I want. I showed my Mom your Cooky post a few weeks ago and I was like, “Mom, she CARVES the BLOCKS HERSELF.” and she just looked at me in disbelief.

3. Jen says:

I really like the star stamps! I was wondering what tools you use to carve the blocks with? I have a lot of clay-working tools, would something like that work?

4. Kristina says:

Super stamps! That’s what I want to try in the new year. I’ve seen all your stamp photos on Flickr – very inspiring! Oh and thanks for the DickBlick.com link for where to buy the Mastercarve block.

5. elizabeth says:

i too want to know what the stamps are made out of. they look like those big white erasers (plus, i’ve seen where you can make stamps out of them somewhere).
    great work!

6. julia says:

Cute! The tiniest stars remind me of the little stars I’d carve in my pencil erasers in class … and “ink” with ballpoint pen … with which to stamp everything in sight!
    I love the red on red stamps.

7. julia says:

Yeah, I can read *rolls eyes*. I like the brown-on-red stamps … but still you wind up with a pretty ton sur ton look, so I guess that’s why I thought it was red over red!
    ^-^/