The Snowbabies

(l-r) Tatiana, Sasha, Katia and Natasha

These are the dolls that are headed to Adelaide Australia for the Morphe show. I suspect they’ll be a little overdressed but they’re excited to head south. Well at least I’m excited. I can’t believe I finally finished them. It was all the knitting that was killing me. I knit in one speed only, pokey.  4 little sweaters and 4 little hats later I’m pooped. I’m trying to think of cute funny things to write but all I can think about are celebratory brownies and a messy messy house to pick up. So here are one million pictures to show what trouble I’ve been up to lately.

Natasha

Sasha

Tatiana

Katia

Tights and shoes ** I did not knit the tights!! no, those are knit fabric from a vintage dress I had on hand. I only knit the hats and sweaters.

If you’re interested, details and credits to be added to flickr soon. (as soon as I get some brownie in me!)

63 thoughts on “The Snowbabies

1. Katie says:

Wow – they’re beautiful! Such great ensembles on each one – and I love the lace tights. Katia is my favorite, of course:).

2. lisa says:

They are amazingly fantastic! I will be honoured to have them in here in Australia, even if they are a little over dressed. The details are exquisite
    and the textured tights…the shoes…everything! Wow, you really deserve those brownies.

3. kiwi says:

I’m freakin’ speechless!I love them…the attention to detail…the knitwear…the tights! Katia is my favorite but I think it’s mostly because I love her sweater/headband set.

4. carol says:

your attention to detail is inspiring…I love the red and white dotted fabric. I have about 6 yards of that stuff…can I ask what brownies are you feasting on? Are they homemade or from somewhere special?

5. jill says:

These are the best dressed dolls I’ve ever seen… I’m swooning over their outfits and want them in the big girl size. I have to say I love Sasha, but probably because I attracted to blondes.
    Awesome and I can’t wait to hear how they are scooped right up in Australia!

6. Stephanie says:

Ack! Did tou knit the pointelle tights? Can you make me a pair? Can I just say I don’t want these to go to Australia. I want them to stay at your house for a series of photo shoots that becomes a picture book, “The Adventures of the Slavic Girls”. Please?

7. grace says:

i want all of their outfits! i’m particularly fond of tatiana’s orange sweater and katia’s blue one.
    do you have a human-sized pattern for natasha’s hat? i love it and it’s hard to find hats for my ginormous head so i figure i should get someone to make one for me :)

8. Brandie says:

they are all so very wonderful! loving all the detail shots…and you knit the sweaters, are you kidding me? i am always amazed at how you can make each doll so unique.

9. Snowbear says:

I had to hop on over to my firefox browser so I could comment–this is your finest work yet! (Although I am partial to Snowbabes being a Snowbear). If this is pokey, I can’t wait to see what materializes after the brownie sugar rush!
    I wish these were going to auction!
    😉

10. Blair says:

I also want to know if you knit those tights, they are amazing! Beautiful work, you continue to inspire me. You need to make a Quicktime movie of you at work creating these beautiful dolls one day? The hat….the shoes….the faces….the sweaters….the hours of attention to detail!!!!

11. pyglet says:

oh…my….gosh! They are BEAUTIFUL! You are so so clever… I can’t get over it…just amazing, brilliant, perfect work! I’d be having a tray of brownies after all that! Congrats!

12. kelly says:

Totally astounding! It’s so obvious how much time and thought you put into each one… I’m so impressed with how you can continue to improve and perfect a project that already looked incredible in the beginning!

13. susanne says:

those gals are so gorgeous! the buttons, sweater fasteners, jaunty hats…the details just blow me away, i’m speechless! did it long to come up with the sweater/hat patterns?
    ps–i ate some brownies for you too :)

14. laurie says:

hilary you are amazing and insane – a favorite combination 😉
    well done! you have developed a wonderful style with your dolls and their beautiful accessories!

15. Melissa says:

Holy nutcrackers those girls are stylin. You make me want to be a doll maker. Any postcards out of this bunch for the holidays? You the bees knees of dollies. Enjoy the brownie you deserve it.

16. JoAnn says:

Hillary, you’re just way too good. You continually amaze. I love everyone of your snowbabies. The detail is extraordinary. Congrats! I’ll make you a pan of brownies any day you want.

17. ani says:

those are absolutely fabulous, Hillary! i was secretly glad to hear you hadn’t knit/crocheted the tights–otherwise I would have had to pass out. the attention to detail is amazing and they are all beautiful and full of personality. i wish they were staying here and were available–at least as a card set! thanks for sharing…

18. Melissa Peschar says:

Hi! I had to let you know that your dolls are always breathtaking!! I live in Australia and its killing me that im so close to the morphy and carnt go!!
    once again – STUNNING!!

19. di says:

beautiful work- the lace stockings are beautiful- even if you didn’t knit them I’m sure there was alot of effort involved making them look so perfect. Good luck with the exhibition!

20. mary says:

what can i say that hasn’t already been said? these are incredible, and I really can’t get over all the knitting you did for them.
    and the tights are awesome!

21. Mim says:

it’s magic what you do!
    these dolls are incredible, so cute with so much attention for detail.
    how do you do it all? Work 36h/day :) ?
    it’s just magic i guess….

22. Jessica says:

I am in the process of obsessively reading all of your archives …
    These girls are just gorgeous! I am in awe. LOVE IT!! Thanks for sharing with blogland!

23. Jessica says:

I am in the process of obsessively reading all of your archives …