Patchwork Set cards available for sale!

Buy here!

The Patchwork Set are a busy bunch. While most people slow down as the days grow shorter these gals keep finding new ways to keep busy.

"Mischievous"
Most people think of Henny as a sweet girl and she’d have it no other way. On the surface she’s all warm and fuzzy with her cocoa and her dolly but peeking out from under her bed, evidence of her studies in the dark arts.

"Meticulous"
Suki is a very exacting girl. Her bangs are always orderly, her pinafore nice and tidy and even her art is perfect. That doesn’t mean that her spirit isn’t free like the wild horses in her paint by numbers.

"Ingenious"
Lotte is a clever girl. If you need your way out of a pickle she’s the girl to ask. She can whip a quilt up into a tent lickety split!

"Industrious"
Inez is settling in by the fire for many long nights knitting. Everyone on her list will be getting handknit scarves this year. And then maybe she’ll move on to knit robots?

Patchwork set cards are available for sale here.

48 thoughts on “Patchwork Set cards available for sale!

1. roo says:

How adorable!
    Your photo shoot reminds me of the book “The Lonely Doll” (which seems to be having a renaissance lately). Wonderful work! It looks like you had a blast doing it, too…

2. Blair says:

Yes, definitely very much”The Lonely Doll”. I just ordered my set. I must get a really close up look at that knitting bag….and that hot chocolate….and that voodoo doll…

3. Jennifer says:

I can only imagine how much fun you and Tim had setting up these shots. Excellent photography…but then again, your subjects are incredibly photogenic to begin with.

4. oscarcat says:

I love all the details – the tiny leaf and mushroom buttons, the coco set up, and the knitting bag.
    Thanks for linking to the extra shots in flickr for the detail geeks like me. It reminds me of all the 70’s craft and kids books i grew up with.
    The patchworks are also incredibly beautiful and very well made – there is almost too much to take in, but that’s good really, since is allows the viewer to drink in the images and all the details over time, rather than just seeing everything in one go. ๐Ÿ™‚
    well done. i’m sure the cards will see very well.
    *goes off to count her pennies*

5. Jenni says:

I am positively bowled over by these cards. I had to purchase a set before I delurked to comment. What detail and creativity in each doll and scene. Maybe the girls can go on a hike for their next adventure (perhaps that could be a book). Congratulations on some magnificent work.

6. yolanda says:

I love these. Recently I read a biography of Dare Wright who did a series of children’s books in the 60’s. She illustrated them with photos she took of her dolls and they are amazing, though a bit disturbing. Your photos are the “antidote”. Sweet and wonderful.

7. Jennifer W. says:

I am totally in awe! It is one thing to create such beautiful dolls and patchwork quilts, but then to come up with all the details to make these beautiful scenes AND take stunning pictures – you are truly amazing! Sorry if I’m gushing, but you deserve all the praise you are receiving plus some!

8. KiWi says:

Those are amazing. Now, you need to write a ‘little women-esqe’ children’s book starring the Patchwork Girls….or maybe a set of paper dolls.

9. Cricket says:

Love them…been lurking a long time and just had to buy a set! Can’t wait to get my hands on them. Incredible details…love the hot cocoa and marshmellows, the voodoo doll, the paint by numbers and the bundle of twings. Delicious!!!

10. kristen says:

oh. my. heavens. they are incredible. now, should i be nice and frame them for my daughter’s room or keep them for my studio? hmmm….decisions decisions.
    yippee!

11. Cinnamon says:

Congratulations, Hilary! These are phenomenally wonderful and creative and so, so perfect. I was shopping for fabric on Sunday and I kept thinking, “I just know that Hilary would love this, and this, and I can only imagine what cool things she would do with this.”
    I think I need to play hooky and hang out with you all crafty like sometime.

12. Karyn says:

I got my postcards on Monday – they’re amazing. So shiney and colourful and beautiful. I’m framing one of each to display in my studio. Thanks!
    Karyn