impatient

I don’t know what it is about present-buying month, as December is referred to around here, that makes me so impatient. Oscar’s birthday and Christmas are right around the corner and we’ve started buying up every toy in town but we(I) can never wait for present opening days. I need to stash the presents in the basement or the trunk of the car to keep myself from them. Same impulse control I had when I was 10 years old secretly unwrapping hidden xmas presents in my mom’s closet. We discovered Oscar likes to pour tea after he latched on to the props for Henny’s card and so we had to jump at this tea set at Land of Nod, the only non-girly tea set I’ve been able to find. Kanga couldn’t wait til O’s birthday for his cuppa.

ok, time to pick up my knitting and make Oscar’s breakfast. You’d be amazed at what I’m now able to do while knitting. in deadline news — I’m one sweater sleeve, three sweater assemblies, one pom pom, half a head of hair, 3 faces and 3 pairs of shoes away from being a very happy person.

14 thoughts on “impatient

1. Blair says:

As a kid, I secretly opened every present under the tree with my name on it as soon as I had the chance…long before Christmas
    Wow, how freeing…I said it..well, wrote it! (I’ve never told anyone that before : 0 …)

2. hannah says:

that is so great! we do the same thing! i think in part i dont like the idea of putting so much weight on ONE day, that i want gifts and surprises to be for whenever. i love it that oscar loves to pour tea, i never would have thought of that. i must check this out with eliot. awesome photo too!

3. amy k. says:

sadie has a very similar tea set-they are the best and good for you for giving it to him early-now I don’t feel like such a schmo for giving sadie a gift a day this last week-

4. Toni says:

What a cute set! My husband likes to wait for Christmas day, but I prefer to open a little here and little there all throughout the month. And oh, I used to sneak into the bathroom as a kid with the scissors and carefully snip the tape and peek at my gifts, then tape them up again. Scary!! So methodical!!

5. leesa says:

I’m still trying to find a none girly tea set for my boy – not easy! Christmas is’nt christmas if you have’nt shaken all the pressies under the tree and tried to peek throught he paper!

6. Erika says:

I’m exactly the same way with my little girl! I’ve been shopping early and giving gifts early.
    I love that tea set! My Emma loves tea pouring, too and I need to get her a set this year.
    Thank you for sharing . . .
    BTW, Hello, I’m Erika and I love your blog!

7. celene says:

When my son Evan was Oscar’s age, he loved to play “the water game.” I took several plastic containers of various sizes, funnels, etc. and let him play on the lanai or outside until he said enough! A bit challenging in your neck of the woods, but a wonderful easy way to experiment–the boys especially seem to love activites like this. I love to see their little minds at work!! Thank you for all your wonderful insight and creativity.