The Patchwork Set Number Four

Inez

Her quilt is blocks of corduroy in 3 dark reds with flowers from an old kimono print cut out and zigzag appliqued on top. For the quilting pattern I went with something similar to the ones I used on my quilted bags and here’s a pic of the back.

Inez is a leisurely homebody type so she’s wearing slippers instead of shoes.

Seems like the easiest hairdo yet but was really the most difficult because of the super soft yarn. Great color though!

46 thoughts on “The Patchwork Set Number Four

1. Cassi says:

Hillary, Inez is wonderful, my favorite so far! Love the colors you chose for her quilt and the appliqued flowers matching her dress are the perfect touch 🙂

2. Julia says:

I just want to pick her up and hold her and squeeze her, that’s a sign of a good craft when your first impulse is to reach out and manhandle it. I love her little mushroom barretes. ; )

3. Dawn says:

Now you HAD to go and create Inez in my FAVORITE colors…and I would never want to offend the other “sweetie pies”…but Inez is my fave also as of this moment!
    Your beautiful work inspires me!

4. suzy says:

she’s my favourite too – the reds are just perfect. and the slippers!
    can’t wait to see the photos and cards, i’m sure they’ll be gorgeous.

5. Marie says:

Ohhhh! She’s my favorite one yet!! I love that sassy short hair-do. And red is my all time favorite color too. Plus the backing fabric on the quilt makes me swoon with happiness. 🙂

6. di says:

This one is my favorite too- I love the colours, and the combination of the kimono floral with the geometric is really modern. Her hairclips are super sweet- You’ve got a fantastic eye for details.

7. Hanna says:

Slippers at home – in pinks and reds – well well she must be a friend of mine!
    Beautiful work Hillary, your magic is just getting more magic every day!

8. robin says:

this whole set has been a series of surprises. fantastic work, with all of them. your latest is perfectly lovely. totally loving the barrettes, the stripey tights (and matching collar), and the slippers. the applique on the quilt is brilliant.

9. JoAnn says:

Inez is the best yet. I feel so bad for your other little creations cause they’re cute, but Inez is just great. Now that I see Inez’quilt I know what colors my someday quilt will be.