The Patchwork Set – Lotte

Here’s the latest Patchwork Set, Lotte and her quilt.

leaf buttons this time

Japanese owl fabric for her kerchief and Uxbridge Tweed yarn for her braids. Here’s a peek underneath.

fur lined boots to keep her warm while hiking.

Lotte’s quilt is made of vintage green floral, a new orange floral and thrifted pillowcase. I used the same quilting pattern as I did on my Plain Spoken. close up.

The backing is some great boy scout patterned flannel that I rescued out of an old sleeping bag.

Now on to the fourth and last in this series. I have all the fabrics picked out but still have no quilt design ideas. I’m hoping something will come to me soon!

32 thoughts on “The Patchwork Set – Lotte

1. CFM says:

She’s my absolute favorite of the set so far – the kerchief! the colors! the quilting!
    Amazing work – again!
    (Could I possibly use any more exclamation points? Perhaps I should ease up on the coffee…)

2. Blair says:

She is perfect! I especially love the Boy Scout fabric! From an old sleeping bag, huh? So cool. You are truly on to something special here, my daughter would give her eye teeth (if she had any) for a doll like Lotte.

3. Monica says:

I love this doll! Best yet in my opinion. It does help that she is green and orange – my favorite colors these days.
    Lovely.

4. Iris says:

Eeee! I think Lottie is my favorite so far!
    Are you going to write stories for them too? I can totally see Lottie as a tomboy who likes to go camping and cook over a fire. OR maybe gardening.
    But she’s your baby. And a sweet one at that. :3

5. mrspilkington says:

oh, she might be my favourite too! those colours! they’re all lovely, though. and the details are always exquisite.
    thanks also for sharing those toy picks — i love the sewing block.

6. Julia says:

eeep! I thought I’d throw in one more exclamation for ya! I think I’ve seen three so far. You deserve it, owls, leaves, flowers, woodland themes, *sigh*. Perfect. =)

7. Kate says:

Just like everyone else, this is my favourite! I am especially enjoying those owls and the leaf buttons. Like the quilt, too. The meandering quilting is just perfect.

8. Marg says:

Love it! Especially the Boy Scout fabric. My brother and nephews would be thrilled to have something like that. I really like her little fur lined boots, myself!

9. kelly says:

I know I’ve probably said this before, but I just don’t know how you are able to keep up the pace! Lotte is gorgeous, from her kerchief (love that fabric!) to her fur-lined boots. And the colors – orange is my favorite!

10. tanya says:

in regards to your knitting…i would say pat yourself on the back as knitting cables is not a challenge I have arisen to. So woohooo on your cables!!!