projects

this was my morning project. what is it? a mop. a mop in a bucket! unheard of around here. I thought it actually looked pretty, all blue and red and bubbly so I thought I’d take it’s picture. also I can print it
out for the scrapbook with a "see, I clean!" caption

last night I needed an in-front-of-the-tv project and was sad I didn’t have any of my mastercarve block left so I got our my new interweave crochet magazine that has an article on deciphering crocheting diagrams and started on this..

and look what Tim unearthed from the basement for me! it’s fun to have an ex-art major as a husband.

I’ve also got 2 quilt projects I’m about ready to start. I think I’ll put pics up of those today too. I’m still coming down from the cute off mulitiple posts in one day thing.

8 thoughts on “projects

1. Suzanne says:

Hello,
    I have just seen your post “Sybilla Casa”, and this was so nice, because I haven´t thought about her for years. I met her in the eighties in Munich at the avantgarde fashion show, and I was absolut fascinated with her fashion, the clothes where a little bit between Peter Pan and Robin Hood and absolut wearable, not too eccentric. She by herself was such a small young warm girl. I wanted her fashion so much, but the limit order was 500,- DM, and this was much to much for a poor student like me.
    So thank you for posting about her and reminding me of the young girl I was by myself, with all my favours and ambitions.
    And let me say also: You have a beautiful, and inspiring blog.
    best wishes from Germany,
    Suzanne

2. Hanna says:

I don’t know if I should thank you or be mad about the reminder that my floors too need mopping – and need it baaad! I would rather start another quilt project, and look how difficult the last one (my first!) was! 🙂

3. Anamaria says:

Your hexagon looks great! How exciting to learn something new. I just started the Toddler poncho in that magazine for my little girl; I’m not sure if I’ll make anything else in there, though…what about you?

4. eejayya says:

Hi Hillary,
    Long time reader first time commenter~~
    I also love hexagon crochet quilt & thanks to your posting on direction, I will start this when I receive my yarn order soon…
    Just one comment,,after I saw your hexagon picture above.. ( first.. I have to let you know I’m knitter but novice crocheter,,, so.. my comment might be incorrect)
    found that Your hexagon have small hole in the middle.
    I thought.. if you would like to make hexagon without middle hole,
    You can use technique to make first row of Amigurumi( Check below links.. If you need help translating.. let me know.. I can help you)
    I’m sure You already know this.. but thought mentioning~~~

5. dawn says:

I’ve got deadlines to meet on a few projects (darn baby, I don’t know about his mother but I’m not ready for him yet, I’ve got a quilt to finish). But I’m itching to try carving a stamp or two…

6. Adrienne says:

First time commenter over here. I am going to be a new regular around here (at least in the visiting department, I am sure!) LOVE your work. Beautiful stuff.
    Hurray for lino-block fun! That reminds me that I have some of those cutters at home. I should put them to work!