17 thoughts on “japanese linen tape

1. kath says:

i just love the photography in these images too – that flakey painted wall is divine. is that measuring tape or linen tape with a measuring tape pattern?

2. erin says:

Thats so lovely!!! Can you buy that here in the states. I went to there link but as I speak no japanese i was wondering if you can get it here. I am in Los Angeles

3. Jennifer says:

Through that shop, the only payment methods accepted are postal money transfer, bank money transfer, or cash upon delivery (Japan only). You know, this whole kitchen cloth/linen fad is so big in the shops here in Tokyo, not just the craft shops. Other twill tape/bias tape that are popular are ones made from Japanese chirimen fabrics and organic cottons. Cool stuff.

4. Cindy says:

The alphabet twill tape I sent you for the fabric swap that you used on one of your softees backpacks is from my local scrapbook store. My local store is one of the biggest in the country, but I am continually suprised by the fabric embellishments that are showing up there. So maybe we can’t get this cute japanese tape here but there are some with potental out there. hope!

5. Kate says:

Here in England, we consider ourselves lucky if we can find twill tape in two widths and several plain colours! (I’m talking black, white, ecru, bright red, yellow, royal and emerald!)
    It seems to me that shops are closing down more than opening up. Keep showing me all these beauties!!

6. Janice says:

i love these linen tapes too. i am going to try and bring some in (totally inspired by these pics & everyone’s comments). i have a contact who is working on this. might take a while. but if anything happens i’ll post about it. J.

7. mademoiselle a. says:

Dear zakka fans…
    where do you think the Japanese got their inspirations and materials from when they embarked on the “natural style” path? It’s all coming right from good ol’ Europe. Look for Swedish linen tapes, and I am sure you’ll find more reasonable sources [in regards to pricings] in the US and Europe. And those do acccept credit cards.
    cheers & love,