Ivana Helsinki

I found this amazing site yesterday (Thanks Blair!), Ivana Helsinki. I’ve been pouring over it ever since.This is from their press page (every line makes me giddy — slavic-scandinavian! slowdesign!! camping spirit!!!)…

contemporary finnish design

Ivana5

Boating
Ivana6

Campings
Ivana7

Ivana8

ahh, to be a Finnish match factory worker.

38 thoughts on “Ivana Helsinki

1. Katey Nicosia says:

AMAZING!!!!! I’m pretty speechless and don’t know how to express my love for it all at this moment. But how great is their little tagline…”HOMEMADE in finland”? Greatest.

2. grace says:

i am IN LOVE. i love scandinavian design and finnish design has been growing on me especially. my favorite embassy here is the finnish embassy ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Lia says:

I love Ivana Helsinki! I am hoping to go to Finland next summer, I’m sure I will spend all my time there. That bag is adorable, and I just love all the clothing.
    I have a friend who lives there and sent me a scrap of that tent fabric! ๐Ÿ™‚

4. P says:

Makes me want to run out and dye my hair blonde. Hope you are feeling better from your bout with the strep. Our house was down with it last month, everybody except the baby (thank goodness).

5. Alison says:

I’ve had the sense to write down the stockists in London, Paris and New York for later this year. Now I just need to put it in a safe place…
    Great stuff! Thanks for the link ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Anke says:

Thank you for the link Hilary – the colors and prints (the girls and the tents!) are fabulous! I checked the retailers and there seems to be one close to me. Yay!

7. Velda Pond says:

Ooohhhh, I want that bag, that coat, those boots and the figure to compliment it as well. They have a stockist in London? Must go get the info – hip hip hurrah ๐Ÿ˜€

8. Outi says:

Hi, I’m so thrilled that Finnish things are being found and loved by people all over the world!
    Being finnish myself, i just have to say that at the end of the day it’s not that great here in the (seemingly) promised land of neo-retro clothing. The finnish fabric industries have had this retro-thing going on for YEARS and I’m getting a *bit* tired of it… I’m so craving to see something new for a change. Oh well, maybe it’s just that I’m not that into retro-things myself.
    I love your blog, it’s one of my daily reads. *Ahem* Go Finland! ๐Ÿ™‚

9. mirz says:

Oh, how surprised was I when doing my daily checking on certain blogs! I’m Finnish and I agree with Outi, this retro thingy is pretty old news. But still I love it, when people (not Finnish) find us.
    I did like the dress Ivana Helsinki designer Paola Suhonen had in our Independence Ball last year. http://www.yle.fi/linnanjuhlat/2004/galleria/index4_6.html
    Other Finnish thingies: http://www.finnstyle.com/ and http://www.finnishfood.net/store/ We Finns are so.. well, we love to talk about ourselves.

10. jenne says:

oh. my. goodness. i have been tormented since april by the girls fabric – i saw one of the carpet bags in the window of a closed until after we were to leave paris store that had now what i know is ivanahelsinki things…..thanks for posting this – i must find some of that fabric!

11. Meer says:

I love Scandanavian style— Help!!! I was in Denmark twice, but i ever chanced upon this store…I’m plotzing to go back. Does anyone know where i can buy these clothing online? Ebay has nothing listed for this name…?!

12. Keti says:

you cant find ivana helsinki so easily in denmark.
    but there are stores here in helsinki. i got plenty of stuff from them.
    and also this style of bag,only different motive (but i have to tell you,the bags are not too because the metal frame can cause troubles,i had to return my bag to be fixed,the skirts and clothes is much better).
    there are also cute little coin purses.
    you can find some of the ivana helsinki stuff online at
    and then clock on “clothes”.

13. Hanna says:

Hi, I’m a finnish girl and I just happened to find your site. I’d just like to say that we also adore the Ivana Helsinki style! I just visited their store in Helsinki. I would have wanted to buy every single piece of clothing, but unfortunately they all were way too expencive for me ๐Ÿ™‚

14. claire says:

hi there,
    just been reading these comments and wanted to let you know that I have a shop in Newcastle upon Tyne stocking ivana helsinki ladies clothes and accessories, I love it too, it is my favourite label, you can contact me anytime if there is something you would like from the label or you could check out my site, best wishes, claire

15. Fisss says:

Hi everyone,
    Last week, I went to Finland on a city/shoppingtrip.
    I had never heard of Ivana Helsinki before, but it was one of the most amazing stores in the Design District downtown!
    Off course I had to buy SOMETHING! And I found the most amazing coat! I bought it for only 80 euro’s and that was because it was worn on the catwalk!! :p
    BTW, the guy model on the site was behind the counter :p

16. Ullika Pankratz says:

i am going to sweden this week
    stockholm , does anybody know where to shop for invana helsinki
    please help ๐Ÿ˜‰

17. anu says:

Hey! Cool, I googled IVANAhelsinki and found this. I love IVANAhelsinki and was happily surprised that so many other girls from all over the world love it too! I’m Finnish and I just got a dress from their Spring/Summer 08 collection for my graduation party. I can’t wait to wear it!

18. Christabel says:

Oh, I love that Maatuska-bag. But I know that I can’t get it anymore. ๐Ÿ™ It is 2008 now and someone has posted those pictures in 2005.