party favors

Ok, phew, party favors are finished! They’re little wee pincushions – 3" tall, made from my new Japanese fabric, and I’m giving them away tomorrow. I have a little game planned for tomorrow when I unveil (too dramatic) my blogiversary project. So I’m thinking around noon-ish all this will happen. First five winners of my little birthday party game will get a pincushion.

maybe this little wonky guy will be yours?

or this one with the flower buttons?

maybe miss pom pom face?

or little ducky belly?

this gal with the belt of lace bias?

ok, that’s it for me for today I swear!

25 thoughts on “party favors

1. bellablue says:

Too cute!! I just have to say we have very similar taste in kids books. I am a HUGE fan of Mitsumasa Anno and have almost all of his books, LOVE Mr. Gumpy (the illustrations and sweet stories), and have been a huge Lois Lenski fan from childhood. I’ve scored many of her vintage books at yard sales that I remember reading as a child – the books for older readers are wonderful as well. I look forward to checking out some of the other authors you recommend…

2. Lisa says:

Nice re-design, I like it! BTW, have you seen Nu Amu Misin’s website yet?
    They have some cute cake cushions that I was reminded of when I saw your pincushions.

3. friendbunny says:

i’m winning something. anyone who shows up tomorrow, noonish, better be down for some rough compitition!
    yeah for wee wonderfuls! you are inspiration beyond…..

4. Julie K in Taiwan says:

Oh I really want to play. Well, actually I really want to win. And because I’m so terrible at figuring out time zones I used timeanddate.com ‘s meeting planner (how high tech is that!) but it put Thurs noon in Chicago as Friday 1 am for me in Taipei! Yikes. They’ve colored that red to show it’s normally sleeping time but I’ll prop my eyelids up with toothpicks so that I can join y’all!

5. lisa s says:

ooohh ahh on the new look (yes i’m late) !!! and happy blog birthday and anniversary !!! i am sending you something…. i am hoping you don’t already have it! 😉 can’t wait to see what’s going on morrow! (too bad i’ll be in the middle of teaching and will have to miss out!)

6. Trish says:

Oh these are so adorable!! So lovely. I hope I can sneak in sime play time at work to participate. I absolutely love all of your designs! Great blog, I visit everyday!

7. cheryl says:

your new site looks amazing! happy anniversary to you and Tim, and to your blog! i love the wee pincushions and I’m sad I won’t be able to play — I have an appt around noon. poop!

8. hillary says:

to anyone waiting… I can’t get into typepad. It’s all jammed up. As soon as I can get through I’ll post the game. sorry! and typepad – you SUCK IT