Lilian

With her finishing touches (her belt and shoes) complete, Lilian was ready to hit the town today. Of course, if you’re hanging out with Oscar and I Oscar and me (sorry Mom)that means going to the playground. Thought she was going to sit the whole morning out on the bench watching but it turns out she’s a tree climber.

She’s white flannel with some of the japanese fabric Molly sent me as a dress and a wool felt belt and collar. Lilian is sporting the latest in Wee Wonderfuls footwear – the new button up mary janes. Ok, on to the next bunny doll (and a few bears too). Hopefully I’ll have better luck with tutorial photos this time around.

29 thoughts on “Lilian

1. Laura says:

Looks like the shoes are a hit! They’re my favorite part of her outfit, though I love her eyes and the collar is darling too. She looks so squeezable but I’m sure being made of flannel will make her a real snuggle bunny in person!

2. hannah says:

oh she is very lovely, and likes to climb trees? what a catch! cant wait to see the tutorial, is her body and dress all one piece? hurrah for the break in heat, we droped from heat index of 114 to 78! feels heavenly outside.

3. Siow Chin says:

Oh, love those shoes! I’m just thinking of how to make mary janes for my yet-to-be-born sock monkey and here you are showing lovely Lilian in her great outfit.

4. mary says:

The matching collar and belt with buckle are fabulous! Is the buckle vintage? It appears that way even if it’s not. This outfit is so cute I wish I could find it in my size! And the shoes also!

5. hillary says:

thanks everybody for all your nice comments! glad everyone likes the shoes. they’re becoming my favorite part to make.
    Camilla – you’re right she does match, I certainly seem to have a color scheme going these days.
    Elizabeth – just the wool felt from Joann’s. I love the wool felt!

6. yasmin lilian says:

I was so excited to see a gorgeous lilian! Just how a lilian should be – I look exactly like her! Hee…