Christmas in July

Look at the fun package I just got in the mail from Dawn. She’s got my number! I was just remarking to Tim that it’s July — time to start buying ornaments. We have a deal, we can get 1 in July, 2 in August, 3 in September, etc. And now these fabrics have me dreaming of Christmas quilts.

You may think I’m crazy but it is going to be 101 degrees in Chicago tomorrow. So excuse me while I go sit directly in front of the air conditioner with it on high and play with my new Christmas fabric.

11 thoughts on “Christmas in July

1. Laura says:

Awesome fabrics and gifties. What a thoughtful (and psychic?) friend! I was just reading one of my Christmas craft books last night and my husband said, Isn’t it a little early? I said, It’s NEVER too early to start planning for Christmas!! :)

2. Kay Susan says:

OMG you are worse than Tesco over here! Three weeks before the kids broke up for the summer holidays, our local Tesco re-organised the clothing section, put in winter school clothes and a back to school sign! Last year, we had hallowen and Guy Fawkes night (Nov 5th) and the seafront hotels had christmas decs, including decorated trees and Merry Christmas banners. Has the world gone mad?!
    (Of course, if you make it yourself, like us, you have to get a head start, but that’s not the same, is it? My tree fairy needs a new dress, you have reminded me.)

3. Leslie says:

I love the present fabric (on the far right!) So fun.
    And I’m SWELTERING out here in L.A. too. I feel like a big ball of stickiness…………..ew! NOt fun!

4. Julie K in Taiwan says:

Oooohhhh, those are great! I like to go all out for Christmas as it’s not really celebrated here. More so now than before. I’m so glad that this year Christmas is on a Sunday so I won’t have to work.
    Can’t wait to see all the fun things you make with those fabrics!

5. Olivia Dart says:

Hey, crafts can take a long time to make (especially if being made by are me.) It totally makes sense to start them in the summer.
    What does annoy me, however, is when department stores start to sell holiday stuff really early. You know, the stuff that isn’t craft supplies. It always make me feel really anxious– like I’m being a slacker for not buying my Christmas lights in September!

6. Aimee Roo says:

i agree, i hate to see christmas goods in department stores before november. halloween is my favorite holiday and is all but run over by christmas stuff.
    if you are crafting or making personalized gifts, then getting started now is great… but i second what others have said, too early for signs of the holiday in the stores.