buttons

Tim took some very cool photos of some of my buttons last night for the flickr group. (see rest of photos here)

Pulling out buttons for Tim to photograph made me realize how woefully low I’m running on cool buttons. Anybody have any fun buttons they’d like to trade for fabric? If so shoot me an email (hillarylang at gmail dot com).

11 thoughts on “buttons

1. amy k. says:

ah! they photos turned out so good-please tell me what you did for lighting? no flash-but a spot?? I just traded with katey from her good button score on ebay and I have been pretty lucky here at the vinatage fabric thrift shop-I will pick some up for you next time I am there, if there are any cool ones.

2. Aimee Roo says:

those photos are great! i wish i had some cool buttons to send your way, i need some fun fabric to get me going. sadly, i just have the old boring kind that come as extras when i get new cloths. 😉

3. Cassi says:

Great pictures! I love looking at vintage buttons 🙂 Hey, how about a Flickr group for buttons like your vintage fabric group? That could be fun 😉

4. abbyjane says:

I would agree with Amy K. – those pictures are beautiful. I would love some tips on lighting, but also on backgrounds and foregrounds. That second pictures is just fantastic! It makes me drool!

5. dawn says:

oh Hillary, I hope I’m not too late to join in on this. I had some buttons set aside for you, but they didn’t go with my Chirstmas theme. And I’d be happy to trade for fabric, papers or notions. Let me know. If I’m too late, no problem, I’m sure the buttons will make their way to you eventually 😉

6. Tim says:

For those that asked, I used a spot with no flash for the photos. I set the camera on macro (no actual macro lens though) and manual settings with mostly longer exposures. The backgrounds are colored card stock with various textures. I would’ve liked to use a little more lighting but alas, we are bulb-poor!