apple basket bag

At last! If I ever say to you, hey let me make you a basket bag. Don’t get too excited because it very well may take me over 2 months to make it. Sorry Amy! I think finally your long overdue package is ready to be sent out. See everyone on my ‘long overdue’ list — there is hope for you yet!

35 thoughts on “apple basket bag

1. Jennifer says:

Hey, I recognize that apple fabric. 😉 I got some for myselt, too, just waiting for a great idea. Cute bag!

2. Ria says:

I love the bag, and I have to compliment you on the way you attached that button. It reeks of “attention to detail”. So much talent.
    I also have to say that I love your sight redesign! Thanks for being so inspiring!

3. kelly says:

Beautiful bag and that matress-ticking style lining works perfectly with the apple fabric (which is to die for – where did that fabric come from?!?)… Debbie is right on – you’ve got these basket bags down!

4. amy k. says:

okay-I actutally *gasped* out loud when I saw this and then to read it was for me! the babies thought I was fraking out! (I was!!) pete had to stop working and come to the computer and the whole family stood aorund oohing & ahhing!
    so, what can I say??-I love it sooo much. thak you, hillary.I really can’t believe that I have a bag made from this beautiful fabric-and your workmanship is stunning. can’t wait to get my grubby mits on it. you are too good to me.
    xo

5. j. says:

ugh i love that fabric to pieces. the cutest summer bag EVER. how did you get it outside of japan? i did a goodle translate search of their website but it was stilly pretty broken up. if you could let me know that’d be awesome. i must have their alligator fabric!

6. Kate says:

Great apple basket bag! So, the tutorial applies and you just changed it to apply to the the different shape of your basket from Pier 1? And, the basket was oval to start with? Very clever! I love it! Do you use heavier thread? What makes it secure enough to hold any weight? Thanks for your time.
    Kate