all better

The fates were so kind to us and released us from the flu on the same day as there was finally a break in the heat in Chicago. We had such a fantastic weekend. Nothing super exciting, but having the windows open and being able to stand up straight was wonderful. Everything is back in order around here and it is so satisfying…the kitchen floor is clean, the laundry is done, the house is picked up and best part – there is a working sewing machine on the premises! We went out to my parents’ and picked up my old machine. I’m well on my way to being done with my big project and I’m hoping today I can start working on birthday "party" favors!

And to seal the deal on my good mood… look what I got in the mail!! Angry Chicken sent Wee Wonderfuls a birthday present! One of her beautiful animal prints. Thank you so much Amy. To a January baby a birthday present in the Summer is just about the most exciting thing. I just love my Very Tall elephant!

Myangrychicken

11 thoughts on “all better

1. debbie says:

That Amy is so thoughtful; I love that print and it looks so good next to “Stay Close”. Glad to hear everyone is feeling better and the temp is down.

2. lk says:

Glad to hear you are feeling better! We went through something similar this weekend (w/o the stomach part)but with a fun head cold like finish to the whole thing!
    I have to agree about the January baby thing- too close to xmas and then the summer seems so long!! I think January (and December) babies should get half-year birthdays!

3. amanda says:

Oh, lucky, lucky you to have one of those beautiful prints!! And I’m happy to hear that you’re all feeling better, too. Yeah! And back to crafting…

4. amy k. says:

oh-elephant looks so happy there-and wow, the tiny studio print looks so nice, is that frame custom? i really like the white frame-I have been using maple on everything
    and I am so happy you are up and running!

5. Emily says:

Just wanted to let you know that the embroidery book arrived today – hurrah! Damn, that thing is FULL of cute ideas! I’ve already decided to embroider the little crocodile on the Hipslinger bag I’m making to wear to the zoo next weekend (’cause crafty girls could never wear a store bought fannypack). And thanks for the hoop, too – can never have too many of those!

6. jenn says:

good to hear you are all feeling better (sewing machine included). You sound much more chipper. looking forward to seeing the grand birthday surprise!
    love, love the print. she is amazing, isn’t she?