ok then

Thanks for all the great sewing machine advice. I think my timing is off. I’m going to take her in for tune up. The entire family needs a tune up. We’ve been struck down with a nasty stomach flu. Oscar managed to find some super germ while out on his adventures and brought it home to kill his parents. He had it briefly Monday and has been more or less (I’ll spare you the details) fine since. Yesterday I woke up at 4am with it and then Tim got it yesterday afternoon. Today we’re better, no more barf-tacular, just laying around like the dead. To distract Oscar from the fact that we’re about to pass out we went down to the basement and brought up a toy we were saving for Christmas. Hopefully this will keep him entertained until family nap time.

Oscarandgarage

So I guess the blog birthday project will have to wait til next week. I don’t know when I’m going to feel well enough to drive it all the way across Chicagoland to the Bernina place I found. Oh well, I’m going to go have another popsicle and not sweat it. Have a great holiday weekend!

16 thoughts on “ok then

1. dawn says:

I hope you feel better soon, nasty bugs. Scotty is enjoying his new home and lots of love and attention from the kids. Photos to follow…

2. kristen says:

that looks like some type of wooden helicopter pad? i’m always on the lookout for good wooden toys, would you mind sharing where you got that if it’s new?
    i hope you feel better. it’s never fun to be sick, but certainly not in the summer.

3. hannah says:

oooh, supergerms! they are so powerful! didnt your family just get struck down a few months ago? poor langs! nice work on the distraction, and dont worry, your audience will be waiting with baited breath WHENEVER you get around to your birthday surprise!

4. amy k. says:

oh-rest up and I have been known to give “the christmas gifts” early, sadie got one yesterday!;) it was one of those days. .
    keep your eyes on your mailbox!
    sending big un-barfy hugs.

5. amanda8 says:

That stinks. We all had the stomach bug in March, and I can tell you – it is not easy to care for little ones when you want to crawl in a hole yourself. Hang in there! I hope you are all better soon.

6. Cinnamon says:

Hopefully you start feeling like your energetic self again soon. If you have a Hancock fabrics nearby you may want to take it to them. I’ve heard wonderful things about their travelling repairman who goes to a different shop everyday to work on machines and last time I checked, it was only $35 for a tune-up.