I want to live in the car

Oscar and I have the car for the day so we hit a few thrift stores this morning. Pretty picked over but I found some cute kids stuff.

Some shirts for Oscar that I didn’t even notice until I got home were all red, white & blue.

Redwhiteandblue

Check out the fantastic car print. I’m a huge sucker for these 70s jacquard knits.

Cars

And of course, because I have no girl, a bunch of girl outfits. This very cool birdie nylon shirt is in horrible stained condition but I think I can salvage some of the fabric.

Birdshirt

Cord overalls

Cordoveralls

Jumpers

Girls2

I love the 80s.

Girls1

What I really love the air conditioned car. When I was driving around this morning I had all these big ambitious plans for when I got home. Now that I’m back in the apartment I’m just a big melty puddle. Time to plan more errands.

17 thoughts on “I want to live in the car

1. moki says:

Ohhhh flash back! I love that little striped T! Did they actually sew in a little panel? I might need to recreate it for my little one.
    You and oscar should go outside and paint on the sidewalks with ice cubes to keep a little cooler.

2. Jenny says:

i feel exactly the same way! i hot, useless slug in our old house (with no “modern” a/c) whew. we were out in the car earlier today too…it was lovely. 🙂

3. kathreen says:

i love that last candy striped shirt, how cute, all beautiful fabrics and wonderfully cute outfits. I do love dressing my little ones in unusual and retro clothing.

4. ez says:

Beautiful finds! I adore that bird fabric… and the little overalls are heaven. I never have such good luck at the thrift stores… *sighs* It’ll be great to see what you create out of the selection you found today. I can’t wait.

5. becky says:

i agree god summmer.dont you love summer.anyway good way to keep coool for the summer whuth them clothes.there not bad and you should think about your own vintage site.i think people would buy.that’s just my opoion though.good luck.

6. Jess says:

Hi Hilary,
    I must admit, I had guessed you were the one who sent me the Back-Tack goodies. The Aronzo postcard combined with the vintage floral and the fact that you put your first name on package gave you away! I am am having fun with it, and love those buttons so much I might keep them – shhh!
    Jess