Daisy

Daisy2

This is Daisy, my submission for this month’s Month of Softies theme – May Flowers. While it was still warm and sunny Daisy & Betsy went out to pick flowers and knit themselves pretty daisy chain crowns and necklaces. The past few days though have been cold and rainy so we had to do our photo shoot inside..

Looking out the window for some sun.

Daisylookingoutwindow

luckily the mother’s day flowers are still holding up.

Daisyandflowers

decked out in daisies.

Daisynecklace

oh, and she has butterflies on her toes

Daisyshoes

41 thoughts on “Daisy

1. michelle says:

I am pretty sure that my Mom has exactly that same fabric at home. She bought it for a dress for my sister and never made it, back when we were wee like Daisy.

2. Hayley says:

How gorgeous! Somehow, in felt & thread, you’ve managed to capture my cousin Ellie as I remember her when we were little. She lives in England, and when we would visit my aunt & uncle, she & I would spend hours out in the garden, making daisy chains… We’re all grown up now, but I still think of her when the daisies are peeping up through the grass…

3. Shanna says:

Hilary, well done! She is full of personality! You definately have a gift, thisis the best doll creation I’ve seen on your site thus far. Super cute!

4. debbie says:

Oh Hilary, she is absolutely the cutest!! There just isn’t a girl anywhere, big or little, who wouldn’t love Daisy forever!! Great pics too!

5. kristen says:

i’m particularly fond of her smile — a bashful, yet welcoming look — as if she’s glancing down at her butterfly shoes, ever-so-slightly tracing a pattern on the ground, with her hands behind her back asking if you want to come and play with her. great job once again hillary!

6. Melisa says:

She’s wonderful. I especially like her little shoes. My submission is finished, too. I need to get it posted on my blog. Maybe tonight.

7. carly says:

I don’t know what to say….she is the most wonderful dolly…..you know you are going to have to make many more so we can all buy one…the expression on her face….her doft skin, her crocheted butterfly shoes….her daisies….her cute little bob…my moopy would just cuddle her to death 🙂

8. Liz says:

Oh My Goodness!! I love this beautiful Daisy doll. I love her mary janes and also her offset mouth. SO cute! I’m so uber-impressed.

9. Lucy says:

hello there… I don’t know if I’ve ever introduced myself but I read your journal quite often…And (obviously) it is beautiful! 🙂 I also noticed your submissions for Naive Knitter’s ‘studio confidante’ project and I HAVE to ask where you got and who painted that gorgeous dark painting… I think it might be painted on wood.. not sure… I can’t get the image out of my head… I love it! x