hop hop hoppity hop

Bunnies for sale! phew…I was overambitious. I wanted to make some bunnies for Easter and wanted to get them up on the auction in plenty of time for the holiday. I got carried away and made 8 of them! (#8 is still on the craft table in progress). Here are the others. I’m going to be putting them up on the auction today and tomorrow.

Hophop1

L to R, Fred, Daisy and Blossom

Hophop2

Clover and Amaryllis

Hophop3

Petal and Tulip

Hophop4

Bunnies were all made with thrifted felted sweaters and vintage fabrics. They all have button eyes except for Tulip whose eyes are felt. I can replace button eyes with felt ones for any babies who like to eat button eyes.

Fred3

Thank you Aunt Katie and Rich for helping out with Oscar while the bunny factory was up and running!

35 thoughts on “hop hop hoppity hop

1. mochi says:

You have obviously cloned yourself and have an army of Hillary’s busy making all this wonderful stuff. You are amazing and those bunnies are the sweetest!

2. jenn says:

they are just wonderful! how do you felt the sweaters so nicely? do you wash them in hot water and dry them? that is what I was told would work, but sometimes they don’t come out…they are still pretty “knitty” if you know what I mean…any advice? CJ and I are hitting the thrift stores tomorrow if we are over our colds and we don’t get buried in snow (again!)

3. miriam says:

I’m from portugal and I’ve been reading your blog for a long time… I love all the things you do, and you have a beautiful son too 🙂
    the bunnies are gorgeous! I love them all!
    ***

4. hillary says:

yay thanks! I’ve got to get these guys up in the auction. Mr. O is not being very patient with me today.
    For the felting… yep, just run them through the washer on hot and then the dryer on high. It’s hit or miss. Sometimes they’re very dense and thick. The white bunny was a lambswool/angora/nylon sweater and it shrunk to half its size and is easily 1/4″ thick! Sometimes they felt less and still show the stitches. Like the blue guy. But it is still felted enough the the ends don’t ravel. And I like the knit look too. The blue bunny is very soft and squishy. Some turn out flat and smooth and some really fuzzy. It’s a crap shoot but I like what I get almost every time.

5. lori says:

super cute:) but may i ask…how do you get the heads on the bunnies and where are they closed up? your construction looks flawless!

6. kerrie says:

They look gorgeous, I love them all. You are lucky to have someone to help out with Oscar whkile you are crafting. I cut out loads of pieces yesterday and then had to stop to keep Cameron entertained all afternoon. Counting down to the morning nap today so that I can pick up where I left off!h

7. Jo Ann says:

Hillary your bunnies are so cute as are all your projects. Now I just need a little person to buy them for. I am continually amazed at all your projects and the flow of creativity.
    You are such an inspiration. Maybe I’ll start with a wee. Maybe I’ll try felting an old sweater.
    Maybe I’ll see what’s in my sewing room left over from the 50s and 60s. Maybe….

8. cat says:

holy matrimony!!! bunnies galore, i can’t believe it. you and claire could open a zoo between the kitties and bunnies you each of cleverly made.

9. Lynn says:

I love these bunnies! I also have many (too many) thrift wool sweaters I’ve felted. Have you considered making a pattern of the Hop-Bunnies to sell? I’d buy!