a robot for Tim

This poor guy has been sitting so close to finished for weeks. First the quilt class bumped him and then the kitty sisters cut in line. But I just finished him up this afternoon. Now he’s all finished, a little bit lopsided and definitely not for rough play. I’m going to send him to work with Tim to keep watch over him along with Gort and the Iron Giant.

Oh! I forgot to mention, the reason I picked this guy up again was because I was reminded of robots by this awesome link Melanie sent me to knit robots by Jessica Hutchison!

Timsrobot1

Timsrobot2

17 thoughts on “a robot for Tim

1. Snowbear says:

They just keep getting better! You have a talent for these things that’s for sure. By the way, I love Buttercup–especially in her coat and hat. And I loved all the pictures! I visit here everyday but so does everyone I think!
    🙂

2. mochi says:

Too cute!! Please, please stop it with the overwhelming cuteness! My co-workers are starting to wonder about the the constant squeals coming from my office.

3. Christy says:

My little boy needs one of those! Ever think about selling your pattern? I’d be the first in line. I hope it is no insult…you probably don’t even need a pattern, huh?

4. hillary says:

oops, well I clarified that last sentence a bit. Melanie sent me the link to the knit robots, Jessica did the knitting!
    Nope, I didn’t see tiny robots in K1! I’ll have to check it out 🙂
    thanks!

5. Melanie Wilson says:

O yes! Clarification definitely needed! Melanie does not knit!!! (although she’s really, really beginning to think she should!) I don’t sew, I don’t crochet, I don’t needlepoint or quilt or do any of that marvellous stuff I’m so envious of. I do draw though. Does that count?! And I have a knack for finding crafty robots as i surf aimlessly about. I loves me the robots!
    Hillary, that robot is smashing! I love the beading… adds that robotic sparkle!!! i remain as astonished as ever over your remarkable productivity and craftiness, Astounding!

6. Jenny says:

yes! you’ve GOT to sell patterns! or robots themselves! i was going to venture to the old sewing machine i inherited from a friend’s basement…but i just love these~one of them would look so cute sitting on my son’s bed or in his arms (:

7. shanalyn says:

I adore your robots!!! Would you be at all interested in consigning a series with me? My site is linked to a mac site and I think the techies would LOVE THEM!
    Let me know?