cherry flavored

I’ve been feeling all cranky because of my old-lady birthday. Last night I had to run out to the CVS for diapers and the good wipes. Every song on the radio was from the 80s. Well at least the music is the same. Can’t get enough of that Ghostbusters song. And then this cherry flavored candy smackers found its way into my cart. Ok, everything is the same. Happy Birthday to me I guess.

To celebrate I decided to give myself the same haircut I had when I was 10. So I cut myself some bangs last night on the way to bed. Shouldn’t keep the scissors so close to the bathroom.

Lipgloss

21 thoughts on “cherry flavored

1. Mariko says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ya old lady! Those lip smackers look divine! I’ve been finding myself drawn to the Bonne Bell strangely flavored stuff lately, too. I remember ordering a set of 6 mini lip smackers when I was in grade school. How I loved those!
    And maybe some birthday cake would help with the crankiness?

2. Terri says:

Happy Birthday! If it’s any consolation, I had a birthday recently and felt the same way. : ) Gotta love the Lip Smackers – it’s really weird how much everything has changed, yet all of the ’80s stuff has made a comeback – kind of creepy, and it sure makes me feel old!
    I just found your blog a few weeks ago, and I had to read all of your archives in one sitting because it was all so awesome. You’re so talented – all of your creations are so cute! Thanks for all of the smiles! : )

3. hillary says:

so nice to wake up to so many happy birthdays! thank you!! I’m off to my parents’ today for my birthday dinner and yummy cake. that should clear up any residual birthday blues 🙂
    can’t be *that* old if my dad is still making my birthday cake!

4. mipmup says:

happy birthday!
    the other day, i felt really old when i overheard a conversation in which the 20-year-old didn’t know what “gag me with a spoon” meant. ugh.

5. Jen says:

Happy Birthday! Hope it was wonderful!
    p.s. How’d those bangs work out? I’ve been teetering on the verge of doing mine myself these days, too. Maybe it’s something in the air?

6. hillary says:

mipmup – like, ohmigod!
    jen – they’re a big hit! of course, I think everybody is just amazed I have a different hairstyle than the one I’ve been sporting for 10 plus years.