It’s a Marshmallow World

Christmas1

The halls are decked! Snowflakes hanging from the ceiling, "merry christmas" sign out of wrapping paper, waxed paper stars on the windows, cotton ball garlands, paper chains around the perimeter. It’s sufficiently "elf" in here for me now. You could do this forever (and I’m sure we’ll add more) but I’m calling it. Time finished 10:45 pm last night. Now it’s time to get some Christmas presents made!

Christmas1a

Christmas2

Christmas3

Christmas7

Christmas8

Christmas9

Christmas4

Christmas6

Christmas10

31 thoughts on “It’s a Marshmallow World

1. blackbird says:

ooohhh love it!
    But doesn’t it suck when an entire art department can do the living room for a film and back here IN THE REAL WORLD it’s just two of you (or even one). No
    wonder you had to quit late at night!
    Did you press the snowflakes to get the creases out of them?

2. Steph says:

It’s beautiful! You did a wonderful job. So . . . when you finish with Carolyn & Sunni’s places, you would be welcome to decorate my home. Hee hee.

3. mochi says:

Wow! Wonderful! Wonderful! I keep expecting to see Will Ferrell in one of the photos jumping up and down screaming, “Santa’s here!”
    I want to be fourth in line after Steph!

4. melissa says:

Aah! Beautiful! I may steal your idea, too. We’re having a party this weekend and the tree looks kinda lonely by itself…plus, there’s our 16-month-old to consider…

5. sunni says:

hillary hope you don’t mind my being a copy-cat of sorts! i have been home decorating this afternoon and couldn’t help but make a few paper snowflakes and garland of my own! you are just too much inspiration to keep me idle for long! 🙂

6. jen says:

Oh! So beautiful! But please please tell me how the hell you managed to make such perfect snowflakes? Because all mine come out lumpy and sad.

7. susan says:

i’m with jen – is there a good trick to making such fab snowflakes? mine turn out same-y or weird looking. yours look wonderful! the whole thing is a winter wonderland. cotton ball garland!!

8. mollie says:

I have to agree with jingles and Kerry. Lovely is the word. You will certainly have a magical season! I especially love how the wrapping paper Merry Christmas looks! Have a blessed holiday!

9. hillary says:

woohoo paper Christmas! hopefully these decorations will store well and I can keep adding to it every year. Check back in 5 years and it should actually look like the movie in here 🙂
    To answer some questions… some of the fancier snowflakes were kirigami patterns I used. but that was slow going so I soon abandoned it and just winged it. And then I ironed them all flat before taping them to thread and hanging them. For the Merry Christmas sign I cut the letters out of wrapping paper glued to cardstock and then taped them to ribbon. oh, and scotch tape. Everything is held up by scotch tape. Our fingers are crossed!

Comments are closed.