Where’s the damn blizzard?

I was expecting “AT LEAST” 2-3 inches of snow this morning that was going to “terrorize my HOLIDAY TRAVEL plans” and hypothetically “turn the DAN RYAN INTO A DISASTER”. Remember the good old days when they just told you the high and low temperatures and left you to deal with it. When they didn’t have cold weather advisories for 30 degrees. When it would snow enough in Chicago that one could walk up a snowdrift onto the roof of one’s ranch house?! Why do I watch the local news?

Neckwarmer

Just in case Winter weather has “FINALLY HIT” the Netherlands, here’s the neckwarmer from the Stitch n Bitch Nation book that I made for my flower swap. I used the yummy soft Blue Sky Alpaca organic cotton for the band, Jaeger Cadiz silk blend for the flower and some need nubby yarn that my neighbor left on my front porch for the leaves. Turned out cute I think! It had a rocky start. The increases at the beginning seemed more difficult than need be. But now that it’s done and all cute with its flower I think I need to make a earwarmer for myself.

So I feel pretty caught up on my crafting. I’m waiting for my new walking foot (!) to come in the mail and then I’m going to get back to work on Oscar’s quilt. The task for today is to make apple & sausage stuffing. We’re trying all sorts of new things this Thanksgiving. A new stuffing, brining the turkey, letting my sister make something! Fingers are crossed. And to top off the holiday cheer Tim and now Oscar are sick. Have to love holidays.

Happy Thanksgiving!

11 thoughts on “Where’s the damn blizzard?

1. Lily says:

Ohhh such a cute muff!!! I joined the Pinku flower swap too, still haven’t started my flower yet, soon though…hopefully this weekend. I’m looking forward to seeing Oscar’s quilt.
    Have a wonderful thanks giving!

2. trudie says:

brining the turkey is awesome! my husband finally convinced his parents to let him do the turkey (oh, and i’m SSOOOO glad–his turkey was the best i’d ever had!) hopefully, it’ll turn out well for you guys, too! that and something for your ears and hands is about all you need down here in sc. it’s 73 today, going to be 60 tomorrow! hurry up on oscar’s quilt! :)

3. Mariko says:

Nice neckwarmer! I keep hearing about the brining thing, but I am too lazy to try it. Hope you have a nice Thanksgiving (I woke up sick this morning, too).

4. Michelle says:

neckwarmer is too cute for words…I think I must make some!!!!
    Good luck…we are brine virgins too…this will be our first time…yikes…but so far so good:)
    Happy Thanksgiving!

5. Gayla says:

What luck that I came across your site through my referrer stats for MakingHappy! I just started making the flowers too and am completely lost and confused by the instructions for row 2. You’ve given me hope.

6. Pau says:

It’s so cuuuuuute i want to make one for myself! I’m fairly new to knitting but I think i might be able to handle that. Is there someplace I can find a patter for it? I cant wait to start!!! :)