Screw You Out Of An Hour Of Sleep Time

My attempts to convince Oscar that we don’t get up at anytime that starts with a 5 were unsuccessful. Not sure what his objections to daylight savings time are but I’ve told him I’ll respect his beliefs if he respects my need to turn off the baby monitor and let him whine in his crib for an hour. We’re in negotiations.

Halloween was a big success. Oscar tolerated without any fuss his backup costume. I used this vintage 70s sleeper with a “space” patch to dress him up as a retro Buck Rogers sort of space hero. His helmet looks more like a bonnet but at least he left it on.

Backupcostume2

Oscar really enjoyed being out in his new red wagon amongst all the trick or treaters but his favorite part of Halloween was the rushing to the ringing doorbell to see who’s there. Or maybe it was walking around with a wrapped snickers bar hanging out of his mouth.

Backupcostume

Now that Halloween is over I’d like to get going on my other projects, start thinking about first birthdays and Christmas. But all I can think about, or rather panic about, is the election tomorrow. I think I’ll work on some lists.. that always calms me down. christmas lists (gifts, decorations, baking), projects to do list, grocery list, list of countries to emigrate to if Bush wins.

And as I pack up the Ewok costume and banish it forever to the basement here’s just one last picture of Oscar in a furry head..

Goodbyeewok

11 thoughts on “Screw You Out Of An Hour Of Sleep Time

1. Angela says:

Cute little costume… my condolences on the 5 am thing. My 3 year old always acts like it’s no big deal and adjust accordingly. My one year old takes FOREVER. It must be a boy thing.
    Let me know if you find a country to go to… I’ll be right behind you.

2. monica says:

The furry head look is just so cute that it’s too bad you can’t convince Oscar the Ewok head is just a really cool winter hat.
    I’ve narrowed down my “defect to” countries to either Costa Rica or western Canada. Hoping the Supreme Court doesn’t assign the same loser again…holding breath for now.

3. Brandy says:

If Bush wins – *shudder* – I think I’m going to have to go on even more of a media diet than I’ve been for the last four years. Stay put, but become news adverse.
    *shudder*

4. Kelly says:

hey
    I have a boo hoo baby as well.
    I also have a boo hoo baby that wakes up at 5:20 now! 13 months and I guess there is no changin him. I am seriously loving all of your creations they have really made me smile.

5. cyndi says:

Hi! I know that your post is quite old, but I have a 2yr old that loves Ewok’s. Can you tell me where you found this costume? No one seems to carry Ewok costumes. I really appreciate your help.

6. sarah says:

Whoa—is that ever a great Ewok!!! Are you at all interested in dusting it off from the cellar for a little extra cash for the momma-stash pot?

7. Dylan Jones says:

Hi I noticed you got a great ewok costume. Where did you get it, I have been wanting to get one for years!
    Any help is super appreciated.
    -Dylan