My friend Cindy is having a girl! So when I went to make her a baby quilt I really girl'd it up! Must be a reaction against all the blue in my house.
In a fit of creative energy I just jumped into making this quilt. Amazing that it turned out. I started by sketching out the quilt which was good but then I just started cutting willy nilly with no measuring. This made for tricky assembly when piecing the quilt together. Had to fudge more than a few intersections together. It was tricky with the pieces being irregular.. I thought I'd figured out the seam allowances but math got the better of me once again.
I was so pleased when I started yanking pinks off the shelves that I had so many to choose from. I decided on a pinky/orange theme and then found the plaid down in the basement and it really pulled the quilt together. After piecing the quilt top I outlined with tiny tiny white rick rack. That was another tricky bit as the sewing machine presser foot kept pushing the rick rack out of place. When I was done I hand quilted around the floral/butterfly pattern on the backing and then around the trim. Even on such a small quilt this was a lot of work but handquilting looks so cool.
I hope little Margot likes it!